Our performance in environmental, social and governance (ESG) criteria is reflected in an external rating by Sustainalytics. We were attributed a medium ESG risk. This places Grünenthal in the top five percent of the global pharmaceuticals subindustry that inherently features higher ESG risk.
Our Corporate Responsibility Programme
Corporate responsibility is at the core of our business strategy and culture. It runs through everything we do. We want to create a net positive impact for patients, employees, partners and wider society, and work towards reducing our impact on the environment. To make this happen, we have established flagship initiatives with ambitious goals. Our performance is regularly rated by an independent agency according to environmental, social and governance (ESG) criteria.
The four modules of our Corporate Responsibility Programme
Our Flagship InitiativesThe ambitious goals, structured in our five flagship initiatives, are built in a way to optimise the positive impact for the people we work with, the patients we serve and to reduce our impact on the environment. These include:
– educating healthcare professionals on the responsible use of pain medicines and thereby supporting patients on their journey to achieving optimal pain management.
– building our understanding of human disease to enhance our ability to create truly novel medicines for patients in need.
– establishing one joint platform to ensure access to medicine and raise awareness about pain and palliative care; thereby improving accessibility for patients to adequate pain treatment, particularly among underserved populations.
– establishing a “Diversity & Engagement Council” to foster a culture of trust among employees, partners and the community.
– using resources sustainably, avoiding waste in our operations, working with our suppliers to reduce environmental impacts and working towards powering our sites with low carbon or renewable energy sources.