For two decades, this world-leading innovation grant has funded pioneering research. It supports early-career scientists and physicians to launch their professional journeys in pain research within member countries of the European Pain Federation EFIC®.
Grünenthal provides up to €110,000 of funding for this grant each year. Individual research grants worth a maximum of €50,000 are available for projects with a duration of up to two years. These grants are allocated by a sub-group of the EFIC® Working Group for Grants and Prizes. They directly target clinical and human experimental pain research, including innovative educational initiatives that improve pain diagnosis and treatment.
- Approximately €1.8 million awarded since 2004.
- 70 projects successfully funded.
- 14 countries represented.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Funding for pioneering pain research.
- Freedom and independence for scientific projects.
- Exposure and publicity for early-career scientists.
- Networking opportunities across the pain research community.
HOW TO APPLY
Are you an early-career pain scientist? Apply for the E-G-G! The application process is fully online and all documents must be in English.
You will need:
- A research plan.
- A budget plan.
- Your CV.
- A letter of recommendation.
You can find further information on the EFIC® webpage.
MEET THE WINNERS
Get inspired by some of the people and projects that have successfully won an E-G-G grant! You will find videos and interviews in this special section…